Wabash Valley Site Furnishings offers a wide range of outdoor furniture and products. For over 30 years, we’ve helped customers find durable and high-end furnishings for outdoor applications. Our products provide comfort and style, allowing you to leave a lasting impression on visitors.
When selecting a furnishing supplier and choosing furniture options for your site, you may have several questions about the process. Fortunately, we have you covered with a complete list of these questions and their detailed answers to make the buying journey easier for you. Below are some commonly asked questions about buying with Wabash Valley Site Furnishings.
Table of Contents:
Placing an Order
Read on for our answers to common ordering questions:
1. How Do You Place an Order?
To place an order with Wabash Valley Site Furnishings, you can get started by browsing our products. You can search for specific product types and sort through our inventory to find the items you need, such as in the following categories:
Many products are available in different colors, sizes and styles. You can explore our collections, which feature specific product lines and comprehensive designs. For instance, our Urbanscape Collection is perfect for city applications.
Once you find the right product, you can customize it with specific colors, materials and finishes. When you’re ready to finalize an order, fill out our contact form to get in direct contact with our team. We can give you a personalized quote for your product, provide personalized recommendations and guide you through the delivery process. In your message, you can tell us specifics about your project and ask any follow-up questions you have about the product.
2. What Are Your Payment Options?
When you’re ready to pay for a product, you can use a variety of options to complete the process, including:
- American Express
- Money order
Once you finalize an order, we’ll send you an invoice with details and sales tax information. We accept any of the above payment methods for processing invoices — Wabash Valley Site Furnishings doesn’t accept cash on delivery payments.
At the time of sale, we require payment to be submitted and approved. In addition, your funds should transfer and deposit with order completion. After we receive payment, we can guide you through the delivery process and upcoming steps to receive your order.
3. Do You Have a Minimum Order Requirement?
Wabash Valley Site Furnishings doesn’t have a minimum order requirement. However, if you plan to establish an open account with us for your purchase, we require that your initial order is a minimum of $500. We also require customers to have either three credit references or a satisfactory rating with Dunn and Bradstreet to establish credit.
Shipping and Returns
Here are a few answers to frequent shipping and return questions:
1. How Long Does Shipping Take?
Shipping lengths depend on order specifications, product types and buyer locations. We strive to provide the lowest shipping cost possible, taking different measures to keep expenses low. We send products unassembled and in individual boxes to lower costs.
Each shipment includes detailed instructions for assembly. You can unload your products from the delivery truck or request off-loading services for additional fees. Contact us directly to learn more about unloading costs.
Upon delivery, it’s your responsibility to count and inspect all boxes, ensuring all components are present. If any items arrive damaged or missing, you can file a claim by contacting customer service via our online contact form for the fastest response time. You must report a claim within 10 days from initial delivery.
2. What Is Your Return Policy?
If you’re unhappy with your product in any way, you can contact our customer service department for a refund, exchange or store credit. Please note that we only accept returns and cancellations with written approval from Wabash Valley Site Furnishings.
Contact us directly about your return with your invoice number, invoice date and the reason for the return. To process the return properly, you must repackage your materials and return them in saleable condition.
Additional return conditions include:
- We apply a 20% restocking charge on all returned products unless the reason for the return is our fault.
- You must ship the return with insurance and prepaid freight fees within 90 days of the initial delivery.
3. What if Your Product Is Damaged Due to Shipping?
If your products arrive damaged, contact our customer service office to report the damage within 10 days of delivery. Hold all of your containers and packing materials while you file a claim. Once we process the claim, we can help you make an exchange or process a refund.
These are common queries about building specific orders:
1. Are Color Samples Available?
We offer a wide range of color options for our products. You can view color samples on product pages and find the best option for your needs. In addition, you can customize different features of your furnishings with various colors. For instance, our 46-inch game tables can feature various shades for the table tops, leg colors and seat colors.
Be sure to specify your desired colors when ordering your products. You can also request color modifications to standard colors on larger projects, and we’ll consider them. A salesperson can discuss color availability in more detail with you.
2. What Materials Are Offered?
The material you use for your furnishings affects their comfort and durability. Wabash Valley Site Furnishings provides a variety of material types, including these two options:
- Recycled plastic: We use recycled plastic in many of our products. This repurposed plastic increases the material’s longevity and reduces waste. It’s also a durable and effective covering, protecting furnishings from outdoor conditions.
- Plastisol: Plastisol is a solid form of polyvinyl chloride. It covers the outside furnishings with a rubberized and durable shell. As an example, we use plastisol to cover the tabletops and seats of many dining sets and picnic tables.
Wabash Valley Site Furnishings also offers different finishes and coatings to protect our products even further. For example, we use powder coat finishes on many items. During this process, an electric charge is created and causes a dry powder to fuse to the product. It adds extended protection to paint or other base materials. All of our powder coatings are also compliant with the American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association (AAMA) 2604-05 standard.
Warranties and Maintenance
These answers can help you with questions about warranties and general ownership of your new outdoor furniture and accessories:
1. Are There Any Warranties on Your Products?
Wabash Valley Site Furnishings offers a five-year warranty on all products coated in plastisol and powder coatings.
Our warranty states that we’ll assist with any signs of peeling or surface rusting during the first five years of use. In addition, the document states that products made with recycled plastic won’t rot or decay from termites or other natural occurrences. This warranty also details that Wabash Valley powder-coated products will satisfy these conditions during the initial five years:
- Meet all AAMA 2604-5 test specifications.
- Be free of defects in material.
If any of these defects occur, Wabash Valley will refinish or replace the affected products. Please note that you must install the products according to our instructions and use regular maintenance techniques for the warranty to apply.
2. Does Outdoor Furniture Rust?
Outdoor furniture might rust, depending on the material type and maintenance you use. While wood, wicker and plastic can’t form rust, some metallic types of furniture can. For instance, steel could form rust if it’s exposed to excess moisture. If you live in an area with heavy snow or rain, it might negatively affect steel outdoor furniture.
However, powder coatings can provide additional protection for metal-based products. These coatings can make it more challenging for rust to form. Here are other strategies for reducing rust:
- Use wax: Apply wax to your metal-based furniture to help prevent rust formation. Adding multiple layers can protect the furniture during the winter months and against harsh weather conditions.
- Clean regularly: Be sure to clean your steel or iron-wrought furniture frequently — excess dirt can cause corrosion or other harmful processes.
- Remove standing water: Rain is common in many climates, making it harder to prevent rust buildup. Try to remove standing water and puddles on and around the furniture as soon as possible to keep it in its best condition.
3. What Kind of Maintenance Is Required for Outdoor Furniture Products?
Once you’ve received your outdoor furnishings, it’s important to use proper maintenance techniques. External furnishings face exposure to harsh weather, such as freezing temperatures and severe winds. As a result, your furniture might sustain damage without the right maintenance. With regular cleaning and techniques, you can extend the lifetime of your investment.
While specific upkeep requirements vary by product type, some tips apply to all outdoor pieces:
- Remove dirt and debris: One of the most important aspects of maintenance is cleaning. If too much dirt or grime builds up, your furnishings might wear down more quickly. If your furnishings consist of plastic materials, consistent cleaning can prevent colors from fading. Use a mild cleaner to lightly scrub plastic surfaces, either with a sponge or cloth — you can also use plastic-safe waxes to add extra shine and protection.
- Repair damages: If you notice any damage to your furniture or accessories, repair them as soon as possible. Check screws and bolts regularly, tightening them when necessary. Paint over chips or worn areas to give your furniture a refresh, too. If you need assistance, you can always contact professional services to help you complete repairs.
- Use storage during the winter: If you live in an area with harsh winter conditions, we recommend moving your furnishings to a storage unit. By keeping them in storage, you protect them from cold temperatures, ice and snow. If you can’t access a storage unit, you can cover the furniture with tarps for protection.
Read our guide on commercial outdoor furniture maintenance for more information. Once you finalize a purchase with Wabash Valley Site Furnishings, we can provide specific manufacturer guidelines for maintenance.
4. How Long Should Outdoor Furniture Last?
There isn’t a definitive answer for furniture longevity because each piece differs. Some factors that impact furniture life span include:
- Climate: Your site’s average climate plays a significant role in outdoor furnishing conditions. Extreme hot or cold temperatures can cause materials to wear more quickly. Additionally, frequent precipitation can cause rust formation or the material to peel.
- Material type: Furniture life span can vary depending on the material type. For instance, metal products often have longer lifetimes because of their high durability. You can keep all material types in good condition by following the correct maintenance procedures.
- Construction: The furniture’s construction method affects its longevity. High-quality pieces are more durable and last for longer durations than cheap materials.
- Usage: The amount of time you use the furnishings impacts how long they’ll last — the more you use the furniture, the more likely it’ll wear down over time. For example, furniture at a popular restaurant might wear more quickly than furniture at a small park.
No matter what product and material type you choose, you can extend its life span with regular maintenance. Remember to clean furniture and accessories regularly and follow the specific instructions of your product’s warranty. From umbrellas to entire dining sets, proper maintenance is essential for keeping high-quality furnishings. As a result of your efforts, you can keep users satisfied and protect your investment.
Need Help Answering Further Questions? Contact Wabash Valley
If you have further questions or need more clarity about your order, prices, the delivery process, order specifications or other topics, feel free to contact Wabash Valley Site Furnishings directly. We can help you through the buying process and answer any lingering questions. We look forward to getting in touch with you!